RMAD is seeking a talented individual for a half-time position as Operations Director (OD). The OD will focus on fundraising, but will also have some administrative duties. The OD will report to the Board of Directors. The OD should expect substantial support from the staff, volunteers, and board members.
Where: Boulder, Colorado
Application deadline: July 15, 2006
Questions: Daniel Ziskin at [email protected] (Please include RMAD in the Subject Line)
or at 720-254-8147
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Creativity – Especially as it relates to grant writing and expanding the RMAD donor base.
Good Judgment – The OD must be able to address sensitive issues in a constructive and non-alienating way.
- Vegetarian/vegan strongly preferred.
Knowledge of vegetarianism and prairie wildlife issues a plus.
This will be the major component of the work. The OD will be expected to develop new avenues of funding by fostering relationships with potential donors or sympathetic foundations as well as continue RMAD’s existing fundraising programs such as:
- Regular direct mail solicitations (about 4 per year) Request donations from “Once-per-year” contacts Request membership renewals Maintain, develop, and strengthen Major and Monthly Donor relationships
- Maintain, develop, and strengthen corporate sponsorships and partnerships
BOARD RELATIONS AND FINANCES
- Apprise the board of operational matters such as finances and staffing
- Maintain the organization’s cash flow spreadsheet and provide to board in advance of board meetings
- Brief the board on the organization’s finances at board meetings
- Work with the organization’s accountant to complete annual financial reports and tax returns
PERSONNEL AND OPERATIONS
- Support, as needed, special events such as the annual Dining Out Day Manage existing and pending grants and meet reporting obligations to funders Contribute to a collaborative and high-functioning work environment Manage labor contracts Maintain worker’s comp and liability insurance for the organization
- Ensure that bills and taxes are paid, that the accounting system is accurately maintained and that donations and sales are properly tracked
To apply send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Include RMAD in the Subject Line.